Thursday, August 19, 2004

A few days to thirteen years

On August 23, 2004 I will have been married to Krista Lee for 13 years. I wanted to be sure to write about it because she is so important to me. I need to make it clear to anyone that reads this that I would marry her again and love her more today than I did then.

Krista is my only love. I know that as a typical guy, I don't communicate my love for her often enough, missing opportunities to say "I love you". I know she is the main reader of this blog so I can tell her here. I love you Krista.

Today I was rehanging some pictures on the wall in our bedroom after the repainting. Two of the pictures are the ones taken of our kids at the hospital after their births, Abby with her fingers sticking out from being prodded for the photo, and Gabe with his lips puckered like he is ready to kiss you. Those photos came after some scary moments, with last minute ceasarians both times. As I think back on those moments today, I remember being scared about the potential for my children not being well, but also remember thinking about the connection and bond that my wife had already developed with these kids, and the kind of pain she would experience if something tragic happened. Thanks to God for two healthy kids, and not having to face that reality. As I hung the photos back on the wall today, I thank God that my wife still has that bond with each of our kids. They still love to cuddle with her, and look to her for the comfort that only Moms can provide. I can see that and I am the at-home parent around here.

One of the other things I was hanging back up was the caricature drawing of Krista and I that we had done on our first wedding anniversary at the Mall of America. This is a great memory of a fun day. One other thing I hung up is a painting of a golf hole at The Pines in northern Minnesota. We have gone to this place for many anniversary golf trips and this photo brings lots of good memories too.

So our walls are full of good sappy memories again, telling a bit of the story of me and my woman, now 13 years and going strong.


No comments: